Thursday 6 June 2013

June BBC Day 6: Disappointing Buys.

As a recent convert to the way of the red lip, I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what products are best for various life situations. I would be lying if I said that I loved everything I've bought. I haven't.

17 Berry Crush Lip-Stain
My most disappointing buy in recent times was the "17 Berry Crush Lip-Stain" in the reddest shade. I can't remember the name, and sadly the name isn't on the tube, so I can't clarify. It doesn't apply very well, its patchy and sticky. That wouldnt be so bad but its bitter. Bitter. I have a nervous habit of licking my lips, and the taste of it is not pleasant at all.

It's alright, and maybe it would suit others, my lips may just be awkward, but I was really disappointed and I would not repurchase it.

I am on the market for a good red lip-stain though, so I would love some recommendations!

What are you're most recent purchase regrets? Do you suffer from buyers remorse? Have you tried this lip-stain and love it?! 

Let me know, so I can avoid future regrets!

Le GrĂ¡,
Amy
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I think I tried a different colour of this and wasn't very happy either! The only stain I use when wearing a red lip is the essence one. It works quite well! I tried a hot pink lip stain from NYC which was amazing! You should check if they have a red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... I may just try that. I have swatched everything from Catrice to MaxFactor and I just cant get one that makes me go "YES! You're the product I've been waiting for!!" ya know?

      Life is hard... :P

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx