Thursday 6 June 2013

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Today I decided that I would wear my newest lipstick, Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate Suede in the shade Finale out and about to see how it fared.

Top Left: One Swipe (top), Multiple Swipes (bottom),
Middle Left: 095 Finale,
Bottom Left: Immediately after application in Natural Light.

First Impressions. 

As soon as I put it on, I was thinking "Suede means matte, and this isn't matte!!" It goes on glossy. I was confused. After all my raving and cheering and general recommendations of the Colorburst lip-butters, I was pretty deflated. Had Revlon been lying to me?! But I stuck it out and no sooner had I checked in the mirror than I realized it had mattified beautifully.

Through The Day

Today's activities were pretty varied. I cleaned the house and then had some tea, checked myself out in the mirror, and though there was a little transfer, I still had beautifully red, matte lips. I must point out here I didn't line my lips when using this product at all today, and I've had no problems with feathering or bleed-out.

Its been a bad couple of days, and if you follow me on Twitter you'll know why. I went for lunch with my mam before we headed off to attend to more serious matters and all through lunch I drove the poor woman mad, asking over and over "Is my lipstick still there?!" Because, who wants to be that girl constantly looking at herself in the mirror over the lunch table?! She kept reassuring me that "Yes, it's still there," and "No, you aren't starting to resemble the Joker," so all was well.

It's now late into the evening, and I am very impressed with Revlon. For €10.20 or so in Boots this product is a bargain, just for its staying power! It only needed one swipe today just to top it up, and that was more for my own peace of mind than actual transfer or general wear.

All in all, this lipstick is wonderfully pigmented, pretty comfortable, and very long lasting. The only problem I have with it is that if you purse your lips together, you get that sticky feeling you would associate with very tacky, but not fiercely adhesive glue. I would, myself put that down to its staying power, though. It's almost a reassuring sensation...

What do you think? Have you tried this product? Would you try it based off my experience?? Drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx