Monday 17 June 2013

June BBC Day 17: A Makeup Skill You Would Love To Perfect, But Struggle With

Well girls, as you know, I'm not the girl who wears a full face every day. I can do it going out, but not regularly. The last night I went out with a full face on was last November. Even on my 21st birthday, I didn't wear a full on face.

Credit: Jeddah Beauty

You see, if I put on a full face, I feel I have to contour. Amy can't contour. I just wind up looking silly. Either I use too much, and look dirty, or I use too little and you can't even see it! It's a nightmare!! I would rather just go out, looking like my usual self, than go out with no contouring, or worse still, God awful contouring!

The other thing I can't seem to nail, is that nose slimming business you see the likes of Michelle Phan at. What's the story there? I must be doing it wrong, cause I can see absolutely no difference when I try. 

Highlighting! There's another one! I can highlight the brow-bone no bother at all, but ask me to highlight a cheek-bone, and you might as well be talking to a man. A dead man, at that. 

Well, I've made myself look sufficiently inept at all things beauty, so that's it from me today! Here's to the home straight, girls!! 2 weeks til its all over... *weeps*

So what is something you are absolutely hopeless at? Is it any of my choices? Have you no idea how to do a smokey eye? Can you not apply lipliner to save your life??

Amy,
xoxo


8 comments:

  1. Eyeshadow is my nemesis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do it when it's nothing too colourful, but ask me to blend 3 colours together? You may as well ask my da!!

      Delete
  2. This is so funny! I try to contour but usually end up failing as well. And like the above commenter, eyeshadow. I can work neutral shades but try to add a pop of colour and I end up looking like a drag queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I just can't do colour on my eyes at all either!! Its just never going to happen. I can do brown and sometimes black smoky eye (though I'm out of practice with black) and a pop of colour on the lip...nothing more!

      Delete
  3. It's contouring for me too. I also tried to follow a tutorial on highlighting once and when I was done, I had a big shiny stripe down the middle of my face like an iridescent zebra. It did NOT look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like we're all in the same boat! The only time I ever had nice contouring and stuff was the time my Ex's brothers GF (a MAC make-up artist) did my debs makeup. 4 years later and I cant replicate it!

      Delete
  4. I've tried contouring as well, failed epically, loads of product, absolutely no difference. Even after watching tutorials. No masking these chubby cheeks XD

    www.makeupandmesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the same for me! Well I can hilight, but if I hilight I feel I have to contour... and it's just a no, I can buy all the special brushes I want but it just doesn't work :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx