Tuesday 4 June 2013

May Favourites

Hello there!! *wave* Its that time of the month again, its time for my May Favourites. During the month of May I trialed a few new products and rediscovered old loves. It's been a busy month in many respects for me, but I managed to stay on top of everything, and road-test a few products along the way!




May 2013 Favourites

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub.

I posted about this here already, but it's still up there in my list of loves. I've been going on about it that much even Chris has tried it. It's a wee bit oily which helps to make up for the abrasive quality of the sugar. I adore this product and I will remain faithful for a long time to come!! It leaves your lips tingly and soft.

Gold Star!!!

Soap and Glory Mist You Madly Body Spray

I love to smell good, as do most people. Nobody wants to be sitting next to that person who just reeks of BO and is completely oblivious to their own stench. Yuck!! So on a recent foray into Boots during a promotion for travel sized items, I nabbed this. It has a light floral scent, but the best bit is the cooling mist, perfect on a hot day, I think you'll agree?

I will definitely be repurchasing this as the scent is noticeable without being obnoxious!

Prada Candy

Let me just say this. I might have a good vocabulary, I might know salubrious terms, but I have not got the vocabulary to explain how much I adore this glorious perfume. I bought it about 12 months ago on the duty free coming home from England, and I have been in love ever since. It's sweet and girly and musky and I just can't get enough of it. Prada, you did well with this one, discontinue this, and I'll be on the warpath, ya hear?!

Just... Invest. It's liquid magic!!

Tres Emmé 24hr Body Hairspray.

I've tried a lot of hairsprays in my time. Having been one of those Emo kids with the hair sprayed solid, I've tested out every possible tin of spray. This one is the best. The nozzle sprays out a really fine mist, and if you have layers, it defines them really well. Hold time is pretty good and it slicks back the baby hairs like magic too.

Balmi Lipbalm

Another Boots find. I will admit I passed this up multiple times before one day getting it for about...1.25, and deciding to give it a try. I was immediately converted. It's pretty much a cheaper alternative to EOS, in my estimation. My light pink dome is raspberry scented, and my oh my is it pungent. It's amazing for softening and it also has SPF 15. Definitely worth another look, ladies!!

Elemis Softly Softly Daily Moisturiser

This moisturiser is wonderful. Scented with lavender and with the ability to calm even my redness, I would recommend this to anyone who asked me for a good moisturiser. I don't wear a full face of makeup every day, rather, I would opt for this. It really does its job, taking to the skin quickly, and leaving my skin velvety soft in its wake.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

First, let me thank Dani once again, for the heads up on this. I adore the colour and the moisturising qualities of this lip butter. It's perfect for looking good out on the Archery field. I've only had it about 2 weeks and already I've worn a considerable dent in it. Very pleased with this product. A definite repurchase when the time comes, that's for certain!!

Maybelline The Rocket Volume

It's taken me SO long to get around to buying this mascara, that as soon as I saw it and had the money on me I was at the till before I could change my mind. It's got the fattest applicator I've ever seen, and it's pretty wonderful as mascara's go. Admittedly I was torn between it or the old faithful Falsies, but I decided to risk it, and so far, there's been no regrets. Easy application and a good, curl maintaining formula, so far has been a winner with me!

What have you been loving this month? Are there any products you would like me to try out for my June Favourites?? What's you're top pick from my list??

Le Grá,
Amy,
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ohh I'd forgotten all about Prada candy, I really need to get that sometime. The Soap and Glory mist sounds devine too, as does the lipbalm. My wishlist has grown just from reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balmi have recently updated their packaging, so now its square-ish. Its still awesome though, I'd reckon!

      Prada Candy is my love. I cannot get enough of it, yet I use it pretty sparingly because, really, when am I ever going to get it for £45 sterling again?!

      xo

      Delete
  2. I had the popcorn lip scrub which was gorgeous too really want to try that one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't deal with the pungency of the popcorn scent, at all! I'm a sucker for bubblegum though so there was really no need to sniff and sample all the various scrubs, it was pretty much a futile exercise but hey, gotta be well informed!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx