Sunday 9 June 2013

June BBC Day 9: Most Recent Beauty Buy

Today I'm going to interpret this post as anything beauty related, from make-up products and tools, to lotions and potions. As most of you probably know, I'm a big believer in the budget brands, though I will shell out for something when I believe it works. So, on we go!

On a recent trip to Boots I picked up a few little bits, it was not a splurge by any stretch, but still, purchases are purchases.

Collection Lasting Gel Color - Watermelon 6


Ever since I remember, I've harbored a bit of a grá for watermelon. The fruit, the scent, the color, it's an obsession. I picked up this beauty to see if it was what it was cracked up to be. It's currently on my nails (I swap and change between this and Essie Watermelon) and I can say its glossy and fabulous! I haven't even thought of a top coat. Its a beautiful, juicy pink color, needing only two coats for opacity. I will do a full post on wear time and durability but for now? It made a good first impression!

Boots Essentials 3 Minute Clay Mask - Cucumber




Well Mr Boots! You've a lot of hype to live up to. After reading Kaylieghs rave reviews of the cleanser and toner, I spotted this little gem and decided for a little over €2, it would be something to try. It has a beautiful, fresh cucumber scent, which I'm loving. Cucumbers are the best bit of a salad after all!! Om nom nom!!

"Enriched with soothing cucumber and vitamins, this cleansing clay mask works to draw out impurities and excess oils from the pores, leaving skin feeling cleansed and toned"

This will get its own review at some point soon, because I'm dying to see if it's all it's hyped up to be. It's on, Boots!!

Models Own Nail Wraps - Cuboid


Don't you just love the clearance bin in Boots?! I got the most beautiful nail wraps for €2.65, and I cannot wait to try them!! The pattern is Gold, Black and Silver cuboids, which will go perfectly with my gold paisley leggings and corset on a night out. Just need a social life now! ;)

Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick - Finale



Revlon needs no introduction, certainly not from myself, anyways!! I cant seem to shut up about them!! After the fabulous impressions their balm stains and lip-butters, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what the "Ultimate Suede" was made of.

Again, this is another one up for review!! :D

Other things I've picked up on my directionless wanderings:

Essie Watermelon,
Maybelline The Rocket Volume Mascara,
Face Treats Self Cooling Mask
Goody Color Collection bobby pins (They're tiny, and they work SO much better than regular bobby pins!!)
Tesco Everyday Value Cottonwool Balls (300 balls for €2)

What have you been buying lately? Go on, let me know in the comments and be a bad influence on my already limited willpower!! :P

Le Grá,
Amy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow those nail art wraps are beautiful!! Great pattern! The lipstick is fab on ya too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is gonna get so big with all the complements!! I am so happy with the nail wraps, they were a bargain!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx