Saturday 8 June 2013

Whats in My Bag?

I think its fair to say that this topic is almost strictly a YouTube phenomenon. All you have to do is search for "What's in my Bag" and you will be inundated with results. Yet I've only seen one blog post on the subject and it made me want to try my hand at replicating the topic here, on my beloved blog.

The Bag Itself



 
My bag is a Living Dead Souls studded tote style bag. Its the biggest handbag I own, and it's one of the oldest too. There is a lot of nostalgia attached to this bag, since it was bought during the height of the awkward Emo phase I had between the ages of 16-19. I purchased this bag in a sale in Showco, that fantastic little shop in Georges Street Arcade that sells socks, lingerie, hats, and a lot of random alternative gear! Its a great place if you can get there during a sale. I paid about €20 for it, but it was originally €50 or €60. It's lining is plain black fabric printed all over with the words "Living Dead Souls". It has two short handles, that cannot be unattached, and one long strap with randomly sized, but uniformly placed studs.

Wallet

Surely when I admit this someone will agree with  me. I find it SO DIFFICULT to buy wallets. My current wallet is from New Look and can still be bought, as far as I know. It hasn't got enough card slots for me, but it does the job. Pink, studded and pretty well built with 3 flaps. For €12.99, it's keeping me going and will do the job til Christmas, at least!

Keys

For a girl with no car of her own, no house of her own, nothing, I have a lot of keys. I have two house keys for my house, my office key and field key for archery, and my bow-case security keys. I also have a spare key for my sisters house, that I was meant to give back about a year ago!! Oopsie!

Soap And Glory Mist You Madly Body Spray


This spray is wonderful. It's a pump spray, delivering even amounts of delicious, scenty goodness! Its also a cooling mist and less overbearing than spraying a more powerful perfume or deodorant.
 

Make-Up Bag

This one needs a whole post by itself, but basically, I carry my favourite products with me pretty much everywhere I go, just in case. I never leave home without lipstick, but once I've to go off for longer than an hour, the whole make-up kit gets heaved in.

Book/Kindle

Whatever I'm reading, generally gets a ride in my handbag at some point. Currently I'm reading The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. If I'm not toting a novel, my Kindle comes with me. Avid readers, you know what I'm talkin' bout!!

Phone

I am the proud owner of the iPhone 4S. I would be lost without this phone, in all honesty it has my whole life inside it. I won't ever deviate from Apple, they make brilliant, user-friendly technology. Despite all the smashed screens I've come across, I think of my phone of tough enough to survive being the possession of a liability, such as myself!

Headphones
I cannot leave home without these guys! They are the saviour of every bus or train journey. These headphones in particular, are the Skullcandy Low-riders. Chris bought them for me some time last year, I think. No matter where I'm going, these come with me!!

Hand Sanitizer and Hand Lotion

I would never, EVER be caught without either of these. As an active member of my Archery club, I carry this with me not just for myself, but for others too. We don't have legitimate club-houses like Gaelic players or Hurlers do. We have 2 portaloos at our grounds, and these are extremely necessary.

Random Little Bits
My bag is also home to my Leap card holder, bobbins, a hair brush, hair-pins, a pack of pain killers, Carmex and a bottle of something to drink.

What do you keep in your bag? Do you think I carry too much? Am I forgetting something?

Let me know!!

Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx