Sunday 9 June 2013

Challenge Completed; Kayliegh's Hair Of the Day Challenge

When Kayliegh set me this challenge I honestly thought it would be easy. I really thought I would breeze through the 5 days, and have it well in the bag.

I have never been more wrong! This was a deceptively hard challenge. Usually my hair lives in a bun, or in a ponytail. It's not the longest hair in the world, currently just above my shoulders and layered. Kayliegh's exact words were, "I think it would be cute, and a challenge to think of different styles for your hair..." 

Now, before we get into this, I want to just say, I tried my best, but the night I was set this challenge my dad was taken into hospital with a heart attack, and the challenge was in the back of my mind for a bit. I kept at it though, because I'm not a quitter. So while this challenge may be boring to some, the fact that I completed it and tried as hard as possible is all that matters to me, and hopefully to Kayliegh as well! 

Without further ado, I give you...

Tuesday

Kayliegh set this challenge on Tuesday afternoon, and I thought I might as well be honest and show what my hair looked like (and always looks like) pre-challenge.

Wednesday 


On Wednesday, I threw my hair into a bun doughnut because I was going out with my buddy John, who rescued me from a lonely, worrisome day in the house. Nothing too difficult here, but still looks sleek and effort-heavy. 

Thursday 


Thursday I finally went to see my dad when he got into a cardiac care unit and out of A&E. I knew if I was too "done" he'd make a comment so I opted to use my useless talent of making a whole hairstyle out of 4 hair pins! I really was proud because this held ALL DAY!!

Friday



Friday may be considered a cop out but here goes nothing! I blow dried my hair upside down, and dried my fringe with a small round brush, then I straightened it in order to make it look textured, by defining the layers. I then grabbed my favourite hairspray, Tresemme 24hr Body Amplifix Hairspray, and sprayed my hair upside down, and spraying some of it on my fingers and working that through my roots. I was going for that "sexy-just-out-of-bed" look. This looks like less work than it was!! 

Saturday

Yesterday, I didn't put on a screed of makeup until about 5.30pm. I let my hair dry naturally, outside in the sun, and then when it was time to get ready to go and see Gatsby, I straightened it section by section, smoothed some serum through it, quickly did some make up and was out the door by 6pm!

All in all, I think I did well as someone who had an awful week! I tried hard every day not to be a lazy bitch and well, it didn't turn out too badly! 

What do you think? Was this challenge more difficult than you would have thought?? Did Kayliegh pick a good challenge? Would you like to set me a challenge, yourself? 

Let me know! 
Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Fair play to you for sticking to it, they all look great and your makeup for Saturday is gorgeous. Hope your Dad is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I tried hard to make an effort every day, and I'm glad I did. My Dad is grand now, he's gonna be home soon thankfully :D

      x

      Delete
  2. All these hair looks are lovely! I always leave my hair the same down or in a bun, I need to be more adventurous!! Hope your dad is doing a lot better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being heavily involved in sport, especially in Archery where you are not allowed wear your hair down, has conditioned me to throw it up into a bun every day! I'm a lazy b***h when it comes to doing my hair, really. Dads grand now, going for an Angiogram today, and then hopefully home in the next couple of days! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely styles! I just found your blog through the Irish Bloggers Facebook page, looking forward to reading more! Hope your Dad is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my content! I'm also very glad to have you stick around. Dad is grand now, should be home soon! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx