Wednesday 4 September 2013

#SBBC Day 4: Positives About Blogging

I have found a lot of positives have come to me from blogging. Not only beauty blogging, but also Mental Health Monday has been amazing and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

I learned to cope better, first off. When I started blogging, I felt lost, drifting around in a sea of darkness and I didn't know how to be strong. Through blogging I learned to cope somehow, and I found a comfortableness in myself that I never knew about before. I've never felt more strong or happy, and I owe that all to my decision to open a blogger account! Best decision I've made in a very long time...

Second, I feel like I belong somewhere, truly and unerringly. I never fit in as a kid, I mean, I always had friends and I love them to bits, but I always felt wrong somehow. I never felt like my weirdness was completely accepted, I couldn't say the random things I thought, and I have to say that blogging about random stuff has given me an outlet for my very strange, eclectic persona. I can be thoughtful, funny, say silly things an somehow it's always understood here. 

Blogging has also educated me majorly, and by that I mean almost exclusively in regards to beauty! My makeup collection used to consist of one eye palette, a mascara, an eyeliner, one or two lipsticks, and a blush. I have now got more products than I ever need but I know how to use every one of them properly. I can contour and highlight, rock a bold lip, create a smoky eye, and most of all, I can make myself feel amazing, rather than just doing makeup to "fit in". 

Friendships are something I never thought I would garner from blogging, let me tell you. I thought it was a "write for a reader" effort, not a community where people bounce off each other creatively and socially. I am beyond honoured to be counted among the Irish Beauty Blogger community. It's made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I am so grateful to count people I used to admire from afar among my blogging peers. It's surreal but amazing. 

Blogging has been an intensely positive, educational experience for me and I have been able not only to help myself, but also others. I have been able to review products for those of you interested in that side of my writing, and I have opened up in a deeply personal level for those of you who struggle with the same things I dealt with. 

I love blogging, and once I have one person who likes what I do, be it Beauty or Mental Health related, that will always be enough. 

Amy
Xx

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the not fitting in part. I never felt like I had many people to turn to when I was younger, and since starting the blog I've started to get more confident in myself and around people. Plus, being weird is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it's so nice to hear what wonders it has done for you, it's so true finding people who understand your.... makeup crazies! None of my friends did, so now I'm happy to have friends who do:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx