Wednesday 26 June 2013

June BBC Day 26: Best Beauty Advice You've Been Given

I've been given plenty of beauty advice in my day, often by well meaning friends and family. When I was only a little nipper, my Gran told me "Too much lipstick makes you look like a tart!!", which was hardly constructive, but definitely memorable!

As I got older, and got into secondary school, we were told by a teacher "Tinted moisturizer is more beneficial than foundation, so we will let the girls away with that if you want to have a little coverage...". Now, while I was in school, I wore absolutely NO makeup, bar maybe a little eyeliner, so that didn't apply to me!

As you guys know (since I never shut up about it) I wear very little makeup, on a day to day basis. That's because the best advice I was given was to let my skin breathe. Don't constantly clog your pores with heavy make-up, don't put on a full face for cleaning the house, and don't for the love of god, please don't go to bed with makeup on!!

The best advice I could give somebody is to remember that nothing is more beautiful than a confident smile. Even if you have to fake it, you will find yourself less bothered by how people see you, if you can even pretend to see yourself in a "I am ... and I am a beautiful princess!!" kind of light!!

You are beautiful (even if you don't believe me, I wont lie to you!)

Amy
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Moisturiser is my number one tip and rule but apart from that I'm still not actually hugely educated on makeup, despite the fact that I'm 30 - I only bought my first makeup brushes this year! I don't wear makeup around the house at all, pointless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine always was, and always will be, don't tweeze your eyebrows down to nothing. I didn't listen to that one as much as I should have and have always regretted it. Strong brows frmae your face and just make you look so pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that was a lovely read, felt like a motivator for myself:P I am a princess!!!! I always prefer the natural makeup look, shine that inner beauty and whatnot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx