Tuesday 28 May 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

Left-Wild Watermelon
Right- Candy Apple
As a lover of Revlon's "Just Bitten" Kissable Balm-Stain, I have to admit right now I had high expectations of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters since they started cropping up on every blog I've ever read, though I didn't know what shade to opt for. So, last night on the Twitter chat for Irish Beauty Bloggers, I put forth the question "What Revlon lip butter would you guys recommend?" and Dani, the lovely "Glamour Nazi" answered with "If you love a red lip, go for Candy Apple".

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
035 - Candy Apple
Armed with a name and some good reviews, I headed for Boots, where the stand had just been restocked. Huzzah!! I swatched Candy Apple, hummed in approval, and decided to go the whole hog and see if the reviews of "Wild Watermelon" were as good as the Internet sad they were... I wasn't disappointed. That had to be mine too.

I must admit I did 3 laps of all the make-up stands, swatching and dabbing, but at €11.20 each, I had maxed myself out for one trip. I suppose the problem is when you're as attached to good quality budget brands like Essence and NYC, €11.20 seems excessive, but no matter.

I've been wearing Candy Apple all day (needing only 2 reapplications because of dinner and a cuppa) and it's immensely comfy. It makes a change from the drying nature of the matte colours I adore so much. The bottom left tile, on the photo illustrating the product shows swatches after one swipe (left swatch) and multiple swipes (right swatch). Its a beautiful buildable colour. A+!



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
163 - Wild Watermelon

The clue is really in the name, girls. Lip Butter. Its so amazingly softening, my lips must be delighted to get a break!


Wild Watermelon was an "informed whim" as I like to put it. I have a major grá for anything watermelon, and so I went for it! Its a gorgeous pink shade (which looks like the inside of a watermelon, oddly enough!) that you could build from a natural sheen to a bold pop of colour. I shall be wearing this one at the weekend, as its a bit more wearable in the casual sense, and I'm going to be slogging away outside. Still, I'm going to have to see people and deal with people, so I want to look nice!

Some extra points in these already fantastic lip colours favour are the lids. They snap shut with a real "click!" so you know if you throw one of these babies in your bag, its gonna survive. The bullet has a flat top, which though it may not suit everyone, I adore. The lids are an amazingly accurate representation of the bullet, so they're gonna be easy to find in my over-crowded makeup bag! The Revlon website says they "boost moisture by 156%" and the formula boasts "hydrating mango, Shea and coconut butter"... I'm not sure about 156%, to be honest, but my lips feel pretty damn moisturised and supple, so I'll let them away with their claims!

All in all, these guys were a very worthwhile buy, and the two shades I picked up are going to get a lot of use, that's for sure! They may even knock my Essence Stay Matt Silky Red lip cream off the top spot, but I'll need more wear to know for sure! ;)

What do you think of these products?

Le Grá,
Amy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I have gotten two of these... candy apple and peach parfait... both have been amazing. Would totally recommend them to anyone for wearability, ease of application and general awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clincher for me with them was knowing they wont feather or bleed out. Very impressed with their pigmentation and their moisturizing qualities. Everything I want in a lippy, all in a lovely tube that snaps closed with a click you know wont come un-clicked in the bottom of your handbag!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx