Tuesday 23 April 2013

Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops Review

In my local chemist, there's a sizable Essence stand... Which, if you're as obsessed with nails as I am, you will know, that its a bad thing! Every time I go in, I find myself gawking at the nail polishes, the nail treatments, the lipsticks, everything!! For the last few weeks I've been wondering if the "Express Dry Drops" are what they claim to be. Some quick Google searches told me that they are pretty decent so I figured I'd find out for myself.

Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops



At €2.49, let me start by saying that I really don't deem these drops a waste even if they don't work. But, lets go into this with an open mind...

I stripped off my light blue polish, used the Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Protector as a base coat, then painted 1 thin coat of Color And Go shade 129 "The Boy Next Door" which I love, because its the exact same color as the TARDIS...

Then I painted on a second coat when the first layer had dried and pointed my fingers towards the wood of my desk, and dropped one drop on each nail, two on the thumbs just because my thumbs are wider! The drops spread quickly and evenly, which impressed me majorly... The formula is kind of oily, but it's okay because if, like me you like to put hand cream on to finish a manicure, then you'll be used to the consistency.

So far, on the first use, I am impressed... They instantly dry the surface of the nail color and seemingly speed up the drying process below the surface too! I bought these with nearly NO expectations, but they have proven me very wrong and I intend to keep on using them, because, hey, who likes a smudged manicure?!

I hope this encourages you to try them, I'm pretty sure no matter where in the word you are, they are less than 5 of whatever your currency is!

If you guys try them, please let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts! :D

Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx