Friday 9 August 2013

Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Powder Review

Hi, my name is Amy and I have an addiction to budget beauty products.

On a recent foray to Maynooth, I wandered into a small chemist where I knew there was a very good, largely unspoiled Catrice stand. I was just gonna pick up "one thing, one treat, that's it, Amy, do you hear?!", but as usual, I went a tiny bit mad... There were half price things, who was I to ignore that?!

I knew I wanted to try the Prime and Fine Translucent Powder, and so I grabbed that, and snagged some other bargain, went up to the counter to pay, and verbally abused my lack of restraint all the way back to the car!

I must admit, this white powder looks scary as hell. I was actually a bit intimidated by it at first... But I tried it and I was surprised!



I use this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to pat it lightly over my foundation. I feel like patting it on will do less harm to the work I put in doing my foundation. So far, I really like it, although, to compare it to my beloved Natural Collection Pressed Powder? I don't think that I can...yet!

It's wonderful, very finely milled and not a hint of tint, so it will mattify any foundation without ruining the color. I find it also has shine control properties, though I cant say for sure because I'm also trialing a Rimmel primer underneath it. I would  be wary of a white cast coming off in flash photography... That is my only concern with it.

For €5.49 from Penneys/Chemists, I would have to recommend this, so far. I am not changing back to Natural Collection any time soon, that's for sure!

Have you tried the Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Loose Powder? What do you think of it? Would you try it, if you haven't already?

Drop me a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts!
Amy,
xo

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7714101/?claim=v4w7zub9fkx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx