Monday 19 August 2013

Catrice Glamour Doll Mascara

I have finally parted ways with my Maybelline The Rocket Volum' mascara.

It was heartbreaking to the point where I had to give it to my mother and have her dispose of it. I knew the time was coming, and so to prepare myself, I decided to treat myself to a Catrice mascara, because there is NO WAY on Earth that I am opening my Covergirl mascara from Kayleigh until at least Christmas.

I hadn't heard much about Glamour Doll mascara, to be honest, and what I had heard, well... Wasn't good. But something in me was drawn to it, and so I decided to go for it. The logic there was, "If its awful, I'll open my Covergirl, and that's that!". When I got it home, I was beyond expectant, and since I wore no make up at all today (until I got back to the house) I knew I could road test it straight away!



First up, I'm diggin' the applicator.

I really like rubbery/plastic wands with those little nubby bristles. I'm also enjoying the tapered shape of the wand. It looks like that Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes, but also like the Maybelline The Rocket too... The tube is also nice too, with undulating curves, and neat silver wording. Very appealing, and very slick looking for under €5.00.

Next up, first impressions. Please remember this part of the post was written one week ago today.



Upon first application, I have tentatively decided I like it. First applied around 1pm, and now at almost 11pm (at time of writing), it's still pretty perfect. My lashes still hold a lovely curl and are dark as well as evenly coated and separated. It doesn't irritate my eyes either, which is a huge selling point I would happily point out to my fellow lens wearers. The formula is nice, not too wet, not too thick, and very, very black.

Removal was easy enough, it comes off with ease using a facial wipe and it left no clumpy "after the fact" lashes in its wake.

So far, so good! I will be happily using this for the next while, that's for sure! I'm really glad that I decided to pick this up, as for €4.49 in Penneys, it was a worthwhile purchase. I have no doubt if I were to decide to watch the pennies, that I would repurchase this lovely budget beauty in a heartbeat.

What do you think of Glamour Doll Mascara? Have you tried it in its Waterproof version? Tell me what you thought of that, please! 

Amy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx