Thursday 9 May 2013

Red Lips; On a Budget!

Since yesterday I posted about how red lips were my way of drawing a veil over the past, I thought I'd post abut some products I've been eyeing, and buying!! These products are very easy on the pocket, as well as looking amazing, which has been the kicker for me, since its not about how much you spend, its about the products performing.

What follows may well be considered the blind leading the blind!! :P You have been warned!




10-
Femme
Fatale
1.

Essence Lip-liner in 10-Femme Fatale. 

A lot of beauty bloggers will say, a lip-liner does its job no matter how much it costs. A lip-liner is a lip-liner is a lip-liner  One you spend €12 on, will perform pretty much the same as one you spend €2 on! 

This beauty cost me €1.29 in Penneys. And let me tell you, its creamy, blendable, its long wearing, its a bargain!!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a bold red lip without breaking the bank. 

Sidenote: Even if you hate it, at 1.29, its not going to be a big waste of money! 
04-
Silky
Red
  2.  

Essence Stay Matte Lip Cream

This was another Penneys find, thanks to the giant Essence stand!

The shade is 04, in the color Silky Red. The clue is in the name here, this stuff is soft, silky, non-drying and long-wearing! Its now almost 7pm and I've been wearing it all day, have eaten and drank, been out in the rain, kissed my boyfriend and I've only had to reapply it a few minutes ago!

This red is a cool red, suiting me down to the ground because I'm as pale as the driven snow.

The tube is short and stubby, with an applicator akin to what a lip-gloss would have.
 Again, at €2.49, its not going to be a waste even if you hate it, is it?!


Lip-liner and lip-cream in natural light.


In total, both of these products set me back €3.78 precisely! For less than four quid, I've got a red lip look that I love, and it wears nicely to boot! 

I will state for the record that there are very few Essence products that I dislike, and I could probably seen to be a bit biased but, having used their mascara, eye-liners, nail polishes, nail polish removers, pressed powders, and concealers to name but a few, I feel a tiny bit qualified to tell you that though it is a lower budget brand, they make quality products.

Are you going to try out the classic red lip?
Let me know,
Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx