Saturday 25 May 2013

Lush Loves Lips...

Its pretty much taken as Gospel that lipstick looks better on a lip that has been scrubbed smooth and slicked with something healing or softening before you slap on that color. The same goes with tan, foundation, even nail polish looks better on smooth nails!

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
As a result, every time I've found myself in a Lush store, I've somehow managed to pick up a lip scrub and just stand there smelling it. They have 3 flavors, Mint Juleps, Popcorn, and Bubblegum! Mint Juleps is lovely, very strong but sweet somehow, Popcorn smells like just that - popcorn, buttery, salty wonderful cinema food! Bubblegum is the best. Vibrant pink, smelling like the love child between candy-floss and Hubba-Bubba, it's a complete throwback from those childhood days!

Ever since they released these beauties, I've been lusting after and coveting them intensely. I had to have a bubblegum one, but at the same time, I'm unemployed so money is tight. These lip scrubs are somewhere in the region of €8, which can be a lot depending on the look of my wallet... But last week I decided it was high time I got my hands on the highly-coveted Bubblegum Lip Scrub. So off I went, into Dublin, so I could get a few bits (I will be posting a haul soon I hope), with a stop into Lush being top of my list...



Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
My Boy Lollipop

What It Says On The Label:

Lid: "This sugary perfectly pink polisher keeps lips in tip top condition and tasting of candy floss"

Jar: "How To Use: Scrub and buff your lips to softness, lick off the excess then apply your favorite Lush Lip Balm"

I adore Lush for a number of reasons, among them being how they don't test on animals, their products are Vegan (though that doesn't affect my buying of products much, its still a point in their favor) , they smell amazing, and they are fantastic quality. This lip-scrub has another string to its already impressive bow, though, and that is that its literally edible! Just push your finger down gently onto the top of the product, lift it up and use whats on your finger.  When your finished scrubbing your lips, you simply lick off the remaining scrub. It tastes divine, let me just tell you that right now.

If you don't have one of these fabulous little pots on your dressing table, then you need to go into the nearest Lush, find the scent/flavor you like best, buy it, and cry praise! 

Le GrĂ¡,
Amy,
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Lush products are awesome :) I have such rough lips but this works amazingly. Interesting post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are awesome, aren't they? You should become a follower, I would love to have you stick around :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it, and will always try to reply to you! You can always tweet me for the banter, too @redlips_redhair...

Amy,
xx